Sunday, September 28, 2008

Physicist Turned.. Digital Artist?

Even I didn't see that coming, as I always assumed the right-brained (a.k.a physics challenged.. am I off base here?) would be the ones ending up in that category. But yeah, who knew!

I’ve been looking at UK based design/illustrator Nik Ainley’s work and there is really sooo much to look at. I’ve absolutely fallen in love with it and would shamelessly link to every single image on his portfolio (Shiny Binary v2.1, go dig in) because I just happen to like all of them, except that whoring off his work might not be such a great idea no?

Ainley taught himself Photoshop during his spare time studying for his degree in physics, and has since then shifted to designing full time after his major success. Goes to show that with determination you can do anything, After Effects here I come. ☺

Enjoy some of my picks… If you like what you see (and I’m sure you do), don’t deny yourself the opportunity to check his full portfolio at Shiny Binary v2.1.










5 comments:

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

Wow, these are fantastic! Except the exploding woman there, that's kind of creepy. The other ones, I love. All of them! Excellent picks - I'll check out the online portfolio!

The Fitness Diva said...

Those are beautiful, striking images, especially that bronzed face.
Very memorable!

GuideHound said...

thanks gals, i'm psyched that people like the stuff i'm putting up and are stopping to say so x

Unknown said...

well well well,you never know if we might ever end up working together like on our past GSCE days (chips n oronamin reminiscin,,physicist,,chemical engineer,pretty close huh?

Luvd it n luvd ur pix babe

Anonymous said...

wow thats really awesome designs :) nice collection!

 
Blog Directory Feed Shark