Saturday, September 20, 2008

Age before beauty - Or not?

rapeBeing young and still-a-student in the design world, I always associated brilliant work with years of experience. That’s not to say that I don’t see a lot of great work from relatively up and coming designers and school work, but ever since being the freshman that I was, if we were to research designers we’d always go for the greats. Carson, Rand, Glaser, etc.. And they’re all pretty seasoned in what they do. Maybe it’s a school thing?
I think to an extent, I spent a long time thinking that the only way to be absolutely brilliant is to spend a lot of time doing whatever it is that you do.. There’s truth to that, but it can also be twisted into an easy scapegoat out of holding personal work to a higher standard-because guess what! I’m only and still a small fish compared to all those out there, etc…etc…etc.. You see my point.

So with all that being said, here’s to youth and ins
pirational work (and no I’m not going to obnoxiously put my own work with that claim, not yet anyhow ☺ ), and here’s to this post’s star – 20 year old Phillip Schilling from Plauen, Germany. His brilliant image making skills and mixed media approach definitely puts him as one to watch, I'm showing some of my favorites of his work in this post, but you can check out the rest of his work on his website colorbunch.com or click on the print thumbnail below



(his work's also been displayed in Advanced Photoshop magazine)
advanced photoshop
**all images in the post are courtesy of colorbunch.com and are Schilling's personal work. I'm in no way affiliated with the designer, but only paying tribute to great talent with inclusion of these images.

No comments:

 
Blog Directory Feed Shark