Friday, October 31, 2008

On being an exhausted kettle..


It’s come to my attention that I’m not doing this blog thing too well. ☺ I really, really want to have decent, dependable, editorial schedule; yet somehow I always manage to keep this at the low end of my priorities list. So I’m sharing recent work I’ve spurred up yesterday morning in hope of getting on track here with something (which also has its perk in that I won’t owe any time to read about before blogging.)

Recently, our professor from my image-making class left town and gave us a cutesy type of exercise for our next project, due on his return the following Sunday. Basically, we literally drew from a box 3 nouns and 3 adjectives, and had to illustrate one combination.

Funny thing is, doing the exercise (I lucked out with “Exhausted Kettle”), I realized I had a lot in common with my noun+adjective… By the end I realized I’d pretty much bordered a self-portrait. (kidding of course.. the bags under my eyes are well at bay with my favorite Lush eye cream ☺ note: vegan and eco-friendly too.)

On a more serious note, I was pretty pleased I had got to finally add something to my cartoon illustration portfolio which I’ve recently decided I want to expand.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Excellent! I love your cartoon! And love the comment about your vegan and eco-friendly eye cream. :)

Have a good weekend!

Small Footprints
http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GuideHound said...

small footprints - thanks :) hope u have a good one too. I had an incredible Halloween :P

Matt - Thanks, that's really motivating coming from you! :)

Rituraj Vyas said...

a very rare and unique sense of sketching.. I am still wondering what the lies behind the artist's mind. Really gr8 work! Keep posting such stuff.

 
Blog Directory Feed Shark